Monday, August 18, 2008

This is For Grandma....

Since Mom and Dad have abandoned us to go galavanting about in Hawaii, I'll post a little story and some pictures for her.



So, as most of you know, Andrew doesn't like to eat REAL food. He never refuses candy, cake, cookies, ice cream, etc., but getting him to eat an actual meal is a challenge. Saturday we were at Mom and Dad's house trying to figure out what to give Andrew for dinner that he would possibly eat. After I vetoed Mom's suggestion of a big bowl of ice cream, she suggested I try feeding him Spaghettios. She said "little kid's LOVE them." Well, it turns out she didn't have any, so I decided to give them to Andrew for lunch today. As an adult I really don't like Spaghettios, but I remember begging and pleading for them as a kid. You guys remember-it was a huge deal if Mom bought Spaghettios. Well, it turns out that Andrew does not consider them a treat. Apparently they are not even palatable. I believe his exact words after I shoved a few in his mouth were "eeeew, it's YUCKY" followed by him spitting them back into the bowl. Below you will see the picture I took of his lunch today after he was FINISHED eating. No folks, this is not the before picture(note the minute bite out of the peach and half-empty milk glass). I have come to the conclusion(after almost a year of smoothies made with pediasure) that Andrew takes after the Bluemel side of the family. I mean really, have you ever known an Austin to turn down a meal?



On a brighter note, here is a picture of Andrew actually emptying his bowl. Yeah, it was a chocolate sundae fed to him by Grandma. His(and Grandma and Grandpa's) idea of a good dinner .

1 comments:

SteveSr said...

Well, he always eats for me.