Friday, August 22, 2008

We're Baaaaaccccckkk!!

Keith and I are officially back in Utah for the school year. We both start at UVSC, now UVU, next Wednesday. I got a job with the UVU testing center, and start next Tuesday. I may also work for my friend Kyla's in-laws' dry cleaners in Provo, for a little extra cash. However, the teaching program at UVU requires a B- or better in every class, so I may not have time for two jobs.
We move into our new apartment tomorrow, and it's about 1 block from UVU, parallel to I-15, on the westside of campus (but east of the freeway). I'm excited about being closer to Target and Keith is excited about the basketball courts next door. We'll also be able to walk to school, and the testing center, where I'll be working, is the first building you come to when walking to campus from our apartment. It will be a nice change from fighting for a parking spot each morning at BYU!
Another big change will be giving Keith's dog, Penny, to Chris and Holly's family. The kids tell me they are very excited for the new addition to their family, and we are grateful they are able to help us out. It's much MUCH easier to find affordable, clean housing without having a pet!
Keith and I both plan on finishing school in December of 09, and we still don't know for sure where we will end up, and so far, we have a couple companies with great offers. Funny enough, the best offer so far is for a job in Bakersfield, but we're not quite sold on living there just yet...
Overall, we are doing good, and are excited for the new school year.

3 comments:

Stake Camp Directors said...

Bakersfield is the place where the best get stuck living. At least you can drive to fabulous spot with clean air. Oh and it is only supposed to hit 104 this weekend. Happy to hear how things are going.

SteveSr said...

I don't think "stuck" is fair. I prefer to think of us as "trapped."

dgsunglassesstore said...

Quite often, Cole Haan most women and some men believe that comfortable shoes are not synonymous with fashion. Cendaktrading.com Shoes can prove them wrong. With almost 200 styles in their line.Tod's Men's Shoes